Money how to get some

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hi folks.

I am going to be going through a few ways I get traffic to my sites. Today's lesson is on Squeeze pages.

What's a Squeeze page?

It is like a a teaser ad that gets the potential customer/client/contact to do something to get more
information. A good page peaks a person's interest enough for them to either click on a link to the sales page or write in their name and email address for you to follow up with. Here is one of my pages for a service called The List Auction.

http://thelistauction.com/content/promo.tools.squeeze.pages.php?page=8&id=18930 . You will notice that it is a long and ugly link with my personal referral id out in the open for all to see. If I wanted it to look nicer and not have that information hanging out, I would put the link through a cloak like TinyURL . There is also a way to mask the link by redirecting it from a nicer looking site. I can mask it by setting up a sub domain on one of my websites. That can be a whole subject for another day. To make sure it was a live link you would enclose it with an anchor in HTML on a website like this The List Auction and on the page all you would see is The List Auction in a different colour as a clickable link.

Getting back to the page, click on it and you will see that the action the page wants from you is to enter our email address. The other type of Squeeze page would look like this; http://thelistauction.com/content/promo.tools.squeeze.pages.php?page=7&id=18930 . Click on this one and you will see that the action is to go directly to the sales page.

That is the end of the lesson on Squeeze pages. If you find it helpful or have other questions, you can get in touch with me directly at michaelkaer@yahoo.ca . If you find the list auction site to be of use to you, please feel free to sign up under me(ugly links and all).

Michael J. Kaer, Author of "What Money Can't Buy" part 1 & 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home